JSME Tohoku Branch Rules
（May 1st, 1965）
This page lists a Japanese translation of the rules. It is not the rule itself.
Chapter 1 General rules
1) The branch is called the Tohoku Branch of Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers.
2) The office of
the branch is located at
3) The object of the branch is to promote the friendship between the JSME members living in the Tohoku region and to dedicate for the development of mechanical technologies and industries.
Chapter 2 Activities
4) The activities of the branch are the following three:
<1>To hold meetings.
<2>To organize observation tours.
<3>To organize activities that will fulfill the object of the branch.
5) The business year of the branch starts on March 1 each year and ends on the last day of February next year.
6) The Branch Chief must submit the activities plan of the business year to the President of JSME by April 20. The Branch Chief will submit the report of the business year right after it is approved by the General Assembly.
Chapter 3 Members
7) The member
consists of JSME members living is Tohoku region (
Chapter 4 Organizers
8) The branch will be run by the following organizers.
Twelve or less number of managers including the Branch Chief and the Vice Branch Chief.
Two Auditors and Junior Representative members.
The number of Junior Representative members should be less than four times the number of seats for Branch-elected-Representative members.
(How to elect)
9) The Junior Representative members are selected by mutual elections of the local JSME members.
Branch-elected-Representative members are included in the Junior Representative members.
The Division-elected-Representative members living in the region, who are not Junior Representative members, are included as the Junior Representative members outside the seat limitations, with the exception of Executive Board members.
The Branch Chief, Vice Branch Chief, other managers and Auditors are elected be mutual elections of the Junior Representative members.
10) The Branch Chief, as the representative of the branch, will organize the branch activities.
The Vice Branch Chief will assist the Branch Chief and take over the jobs when the Branch Chief is not capable to do so. The managers will assist the Branch Chief.
The Junior Representative members will discuss important branch activities.
11) The term of each organizer will be one year between General Assemblies, and can be extended for multiple years. However, except for Junior Representative members who are also Representative members, those who has been organizers for two terms cannot continue for another term.
(Filling a Vacancy)
12) When a manager position besides the Branch Chief and the Vice Branch Chief becomes vacant, the Junior Representative members elect the manager among the Junior Representative members. The term of the manager filling the vacancy will be until the end of the term of the predecessor.
Chapter 5 Organizer Meeting and General Assembly
(Calling managers' meeting)
13) The Branch Chief will call a managers' meeting if necessary. The managers' meeting will become effective when more than half of the members attend the meeting. The issues will be approved if more than half of the attendees agree.
(Calling Junior Representative members' meeting)
14) The Branch Chief will call a Junior Representative members' meeting if necessary. If the attendee of the Junior Representative members' meeting is less than one quarter of the total number of the Junior Representative members, tentative decision will be made, then the opinion of the absentee will be collected in writing, and then the issue will be approved if more than half of the total number of the Junior Representative members agree. If a proxy is submitted by a member, the member will be counted as an attendee.
Those who had been a Branch Chief is called a Former Branch Chief. The Former Branch Chief can attend a Junior Representative members' meeting and express his or her opinion.
If more than five managers agree, decisions can be made without consulting the Junior Representative members' meeting. However, this rule cannot be applied to important issues.
15) The Branch Chief will call a General Assembly annually in March. The notification including information on the objectives will be notified to the regular members fourteen days prior to the General Assembly.
The General Assembly consists of regular members and cannot be opened unless more than half of the Junior Representative members attend. However, a Junior Councilor who is unable to attend can delegate to another Junior Councilor. In this case, for the issues notified in prior, the member will be counted as an attendee.
The following issues must be submitted to the General Assembly and be approved.
1. Activity report and Settlement of balance
2. Activity plan and Budget
(Occasional General Assembly)
The Branch Chief will call an Occasional General Assembly if necessary.
If thirty or more regular members belonging to the JSME Tohoku Branch request to hold a Occasional General Assembly with issues to be discussed, the Branch Chief must call an Occasional General Assembly.
(Minutes and Resolution Reports)
17) The resolutions of the Junior Representative members' meeting and General Assembly are reported to the president of JSME on each occasion.
The resolutions of the Managers' meeting, Junior Representative members' meeting and General Assembly are written in minutes and preserved.
Chapter 6 Accounting
18) The money used for the activities of the Branch will be provided by JSME and other income sources.
(How to approve Budget)
19) The Budget must be submitted to the General Assembly and be approved.
(How to approve Settlement of balance)
20) The Settlement of balance must be submitted to the General Assembly and be approved.
Chapter 7 Changing the Rules
(How to change the rules)
21) In order to change the rules, a General Assembly must be held and be supported by three quarters or more attending regular members, and then submitted to the president of JSME.
11th March, 2000 partial modification
10th March, 2001 partial modification
13th March, 2012 partial modification