Micro-Nano Science & Technology Division in JSME (Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers) promotes academic activities to pioneer novel research topics on microscopic mechanics. The division encourages interdisciplinary studies to deeply understand physical/chemical/biological phenomena in micro/nano scale and to develop applied technologies. Since 2009, past eleven symposiums on Micro-Nano Science & Technology have taken place successfully incorporating with the related societies of electronics and applied physics. We have promoted in-depth studies and interactions between researchers/engineers in various fields with more than 130 papers presented at each symposium for the past few years. Thanks to the previous activities and the great effort of the committee members, the Micro-Nano Science & Technology Division has been recognized as a formal division in JSME.
We are pleased to announce that the “The 13th Symposium on Micro-Nano Science and Technology” will be held from November 14 through November 16, 2022 at Tokushima, Japan. Three cooperative symposium will be held in the same venue and at the same time. We invite original contributions as research papers and look forward to fruitful discussions.The symposium will be held on site face-to-face.
Takashi ABE（Niigata University)
Hironori TOHMYOH (Tohoku University)
- Takashi TOKUMASU（Tohoku University)
- Hiroki OTA（Yokohama National University）
- Takashiro TSUKAMOTO (Tohoku University)
- Hiroaki SUZUKI (Chuo University)
- Shugo MIYAKE（Kobe City College of Technology）
- Shotaro YOSHIDA（Chuo University）
- Yuya MORIMOTO (The University of Tokyo)
- Masahiro MOTOSUKE (Tokyo University of Science)
- Daisuke YAMANE (Ritsumeikan University)
- Eiji IWASE (Waseda University)
- Yoshihiro HASEGAWA（Hiroshima City University）
- Tetsuya KANAGAWA（University of Tsukuba）
- Shunsuke NAGAHAMA（Kyoto University of Advanced Science）
- Tetsuo KAN（The University of Electro-Communications）
- Kazuyuki MINAMI (Yamaguchi University)
- Yuta NAKASHIMA (Kumamoto University)
- Yoshitake AKIYAMA (Shinshu University)
- Yasuhisa ANDO (Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology)
- Kentaro IWAMI (Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology)
- Takefumi KANDA (Okayama University)
- Takaaki SUZUKI (Gunma University)
- Kentaro TANAKA (Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology)
- Takahiro NAMAZU（Kyoto University of Advanced Science）
- Kenichi MORIMOTO (The University of Tokyo)
- Hiromasa YAGYU (Kanto Gakuin University)
- Tomohide YABUKI (Kyushu Institute of Technology)
Focus of the symposium
- Precision Machinery ・ Lubrication ・ Design
Nanotribology, positioning, nano oscillators, nano liquid membranes, etc.
- Material dynamics ・ Strength
Strength and reliability of thin film, mechanical properties of micro / nano material, standardization of material test etc.
Rarefied gas effect, simulation of semiconductor process, micro bubble, image measurement of micro / nano flow, micro pump etc.
- Thermal engineering
Nanoscale heat transfer, nanotube / wire, micro bubble, micro scientific analysis, micro energy etc.
- Production processing ・ Mechanical materials
MEMS technology, micro / nano machine processing technology, surface modification, laser processing etc.
- Robotics ・ Mechatronics
Sensors, actuators, biomanipulation, etc.
- Medical ・ Biotechnology
Lab-on-a-chip, regenerative medicine, cell engineering, biomaterial etc.
- Micro nano system
IoT, sensor network, smart device etc.
Micro / nanoscale mechanical engineering related fields