MECHANICAL ENGINEERING HERITAGE NO.24
A Group of Publications by JSME in its Early Days
– The First Issue of Journal of the Society of Mechanical Engineers December 1897
This is the first issue of Volume 1 of the ‘Academic Journal of SME’ first published in December 1897, by SME, which was established in 1897. The publication includes twelve editorials and published reports, three excerpts of patents, etc. and played the role of providing opportunities for transmitting and receiving information for domestic mechanical engineers.
– Collection of Mechanical Engineering Technical Terms (Vol. 1 to Vol. 5) 1901 to 1924
The Collection of Mechanical Engineering Technical Terms was compiled over the course of 25 years. The editing policy is to compile simple and easy-to-pronounce terms. The entire books are divided into sectoral volumes, and it can also be said that the collection established the foundation for enabling the transfer of foreign technologies into Japan using Japanese language.
– Mechanical Engineering Handbook 1934
This is an integrated achievement of mechanical engineering and technologies (A6 size, 704 pages) that was published over eight years and was the largest project of JSME since its foundation.
The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers bureau/exhibit room
- Hours open:
- Admission fee:
- Days closed:
- Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays, year-end/New Year’s holidays
- 5F Shinanomachi Rengakan, 35 Shinano-machi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0016
- 1 min. on foot from Shinanomachi Sta., JR Line