MECHANICAL ENGINEERING HERITAGE NO.83
Optical Instruments of the Kashinosaki Lighthouse
The Kashinosaki Lighthouse is a rotating flash lamp lighthouse that was first illuminated in 1870 and is one of the first eight western-style lighthouses constructed in Japan.
In 1933, the lighthouse was changed to the domestic mercury bath-type rotating mechanical equipment and has been used for the longest period of time. The initial weight-type driving unit is not used anymore, but it is preserved in the lighthouse.
The lighthouse is an actively working beacon based on which the entire picture of mercury bath-type rotating mechanical equipment disseminated throughout the nation after the latter half of the Meiji Era can be grasped.
Outside: On exhibition Inside: Off exhibition
- Admission fee:
- Kashinozaki, Kushimoto-cho, Higashi-Muro-gun, Wakayama 649-3631
- 5th Regional Coast Guard Headquarters