The International Conference on Business & Technology Transfer
October 20-21, 2002
Technology and Society Division,
Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers
The purpose of this conference is to bring together cultural system researchers and engineers to discuss problem, related to "business and technology transfer". Usually this is only done by cultural system researchers. This time, we would like to bring together both sides to discuss how to conquer these difficulties.
The Conference Committee warmly welcomes academics, technical specialists, practitioners and senior managers to participate and contribute to the Conference.
- Technology and Society Division, Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers
- History of Technology Chapter, The History of Science Society of Japan
- Nippon Sangyo Gijutsu-shi Gakkai (Japan Society for History of Industrial Technology)
- History of Technology division of Nippon Kagaku-shi Gakkai (Japan Society for History of Science)
- Japan Industrial Archaeology Society (Japanese)
- Japan Society of Education for History of Technology (Japanese)
- The Society of Materials Science, Japan
- Tetsudo-shi Gakkai (The Society for History of Railway)
The Conference will include plenary and parallel sessions that will cover fundamental aspects, technical approaches and the related areas as follows:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering & Architecture
- Electrical Engineering
Business and Management Transfer
- Labor Management
- Factory Design
- Training and Education
The official language at the Conference is English.
Abstract submission: April 15th (Mon.), 2002
Notification to authors: May 15th (Wed.), 2002
Camera-ready manuscript submission: July 31st (Wed.), 2002
The papers accepted for presentation at the Conference will be published in the proceedings and made available at the Conference. Guidelines for manuscript preparation will be sent along with the acceptance notification. The allowable number of pages (A4-size) is 2 or 4 or 6.
The registration fee is ¥30,000 . This fee includes a bound copy of the Conference Proceedings and admission to a banquet. ---->Go to Registration Form
15-9 Yoshida-Kawara-cho, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8305, Japan
An exhibition will be held in conjunction with the Conference. Limited exhibition areas can be made available for commercial purposes and will be rented on a first-come-first-served basis. Please contact the secretariat as early as possible for your reservation.
A technical tour is also scheduled on the last day of the Conference. ---->Go to the page
The 2002 JSME Technology and Society Division Annual Meeting will be held at the same place, on October 19-21, 2002.
For more detailed information, please contact:
The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers
The Kyoto University Museum
Shakyo-ku, Kyoto, 606-8501, Japan