JSME Medal for Distinguished Engineers
- Chuichi Sato,
for the Development of Manufacturing Engineering for Mass-Production of Rolling Bearings
- Tadashi Tanaka (NDC Co., Ltd.)
for the Research and Development of High Performance Plain Bearings
- Hiromichi Yanagihara (Power Train Engineering Div.2, Higashifuji Technical Center, Toyota Motor Corporation)
for the Development of Combustion process for clean exhaust emissions in diesel engines
JSME Medal for Outstanding Paper
- Emotional Communication between Humans and the Autonomous Robot WAMOEBA-2 (Waseda Amoeba) which has the Emotion Model
Tetsuya Ogata, School of Science and Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Waseda University and
Shigeki Sugano, School of Science and Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Waseda University
- Designing Pre-Freezing and Freezing Process of Biological Tissues
Ryo Shirakashi, Institute of Industrial Science, The University of Tokyo and Ichiro Tanasawa, Department of Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering, Nihon University
- Fast signal predictions of noised signals in eddy current testing
Haoyu Huang, Institute of Fluid Science, Tohoku University, Hiroyuki Fukutomi, Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry and Toshiyuki Takagi, Institute of Fluid Science, Tohoku University
- Prediction of Electromigration Failure in Bamboo Lines
Kazuhiko Sasagawa, Hirosaki University,
Kazushi Naito, Hitachi, Ltd., Masumi Saka, Tohoku University and Hiroyuki Abe, Tohoku University
- Mixed-Phase Simulation with Fracture-Path Prediction Mode Using Moving Finite Element Method Based on Delaunay Automatic Mesh Generation
Toshihisa Nishioka, Kobe University of Mercantile Marine, Hiroyuki Tokudome, Ishigaki Co., Ltd. and Masahiro Kinoshita, Toshiba Information Equipment Co., Ltd.
- A New Method for Simultaneous Measurement of Temperature and Velocity Maps by Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Kuniyasu Ogawa, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Science and Technology, Keio University, Makoto Tobo, Power Plant Engineering Section No.1, Power Systems Project Engineering Department, Power Systems Headquarters, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.,
Norio Iriguchi, Division of Medical Product Promotion, Asahi Kasei Corporation, Shuichiro Hirai, Research Center for Carbon Recycling and Utilization, Tokyo Institute of Technology and Ken Okazaki, Department of Mechanical and Control Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Local Flame Structure of a H2-Air Turbulent Premixed Flame
Mamoru Tanahashi, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Toshio Miyauchi, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Yuzuru Nada, Graduate School, Tokyo Institute of Technology (Presently Nippon Steel Corporation) and Yukinobu Imamura, Graduate School, Tokyo Institute of Technology (Presently Mitsubishi Electric Corporation)
- Numerical Simulation of Particle-Laden Plasma Flow in a Pipe Under an RF Electromagnetic Field
Takehiko Sato, Institute of Fluid Science, Tohoku University and Hideya Nishiyama, Institute of Fluid Science, Tohoku University
- Effects of Contamination on Gas Dissolution Process of a Spherical Rising Gas Bubble in Water
Fumio Takemura, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, The University of Tokyo and Akira Yabe, Mechanical Engineering Laboratory, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- A Study on REMPI as a Measurement Technique for Highly Rarefied Gas Flows (Analyses of Experimental REMPI Spectra in Supersonic Free Molecular Flows)
Hideo Mori, Nagoya University, Toshihiko Ishida, Nagoya University, Yoshinori Aoki, Hitachi, Ltd. and Tomohide Niimi, Nagoya University
- Optimum Trajectory Planning Method for a System That Includes Passive Joints (1st Report, Proposal of a function approximation method)
Atsushi Imadu, Research Laboratory, Yasukawa Electric Corporation and Kyosuke Ono, Department of Mechanical and Control Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology
- New Method to Evaluate unknown Parameters in a Nonlinear Partial Differential Equation with some Constraints (1st Report, General Description of Problem and Solving method)
Toshiko Odaka, ex Hitachi Ltd. and Katsuyuki Tanaka, Department of Mechanical System Engineering, The University of Shiga Prefecture
- A Model-Based Space Teleoperation System Using Mixed Force and Motion Commands
Yuichi Tsumaki, Hirosaki University and Masaru Uchiyama, Tohoku University
- Mechanical-Chemical Finishing Using a Lapping Stone Including Microcapsules
Toshiyuki Enomoto, Ricoh Company, Ltd., Yutaka Shimazaki, Ricoh Company, Ltd., Yasuhiro Tani, University of Tokyo, Kei Etoh, Toppan Forms Co., Ltd., Hisano Higurashi, Toppan Forms Co., Ltd., Yukio Yamaguchi, Noritake Co., Limited and Yasuaki Sakai, Noritake Co., Limited
- Concave Conical Gear
Ken-ichi Mitome, Faculty of Engineering, Yamagata University
JSME Medal for New Technology
- Development of Helical Compressor
Eiichi Aikawa, Tetsuo Fukuda, Takayoshi Fujiwara, Takuya Hirayama and Satoshi Oyama, Toshiba Carrier Corporation.
- Development of a Low Emission Direct Injection Gasoline Engine
Senji Kato, Mutsumi Kanda, Tatsuo Kobayashi and Masanori Sugiyama, Toyota Motor Corporation, Makoto Koike, Toyota Central R&D Labs., INC.
- Development of High-Precision Glass-Molding-Press Machine
Masahide Katsuki, Kazunori Urushibata, Toshihisa Kamano, Hirotaka Masaki and Isao Matsuzuki, Toshiba Machine Co., Ltd.
- Half-Toroidal Continuously Variable Transmission
Akio Kawaguchi, Jatco Trans Technology Ltd., Toshiaki Takada and Masaki Nakano, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Hisashi Machida NSK Ltd., Hitoshi Hata, Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd.
- Development of Technologies Targeting Zero Emissions for Gasoline Engines
Masaharu Kinoshita, Kimiyoshi Nishizawa, Akio Iwamoto, Takashi Aramaki and Shinji Yamamoto, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
- Development of the High-Power, High-Speed Rotation X-ray CT System
Tomiya Sasaki, Yasuhiro Seki, Hisashi Tachizaki, Koichi Muraki and Makoto Nakano, Toshiba Co.
- Fast and Precise Head-Positioning Technology for Hard Disk Drives
Takashi Yamaguchi and Masahito Kobayashi, Mechanical Engineering Research Laboratory, Hitachi, Ltd., and Hidehiko Numasato, Shozo Saegusa, and Isao Kobayashi, Data Storage and Retrieval Systems Division, Hitachi, Ltd.
FAX: 81-298-32-2803, TEL: 81-298-32-4111 ex. 6230
- Development of Ultra High Head Large Capacity Pump-Turbines for Pumped Storage Power Plants with More Than 700m Head
Shigenori Watanabe, Tokyo Electric Power Company, Kiyoshi Matsumoto, Toshiba Corporation, Kazuo Niikura, Hitachi, Ltd. Yoshihiro Iwasaki, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.
JSME Young Engineers Award
- Takuji Koike, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Tohoku University
Research on dynamic characteristics of the middle ear and development of optimum method of middle ear surgery by using the finite-element method
- Satoshi Izumi, Department of Mechanical Engineering, School of Engineering, University of Tokyo
The investigation of atomic-scale elastic properties of silicon and its combination with the continuum theory
- Kazuhiro Ogawa, Tohoku University
Study on Nondestructive Evaluation of Degradation in Thermal Barrier Coatings by Means of Impedance Spectroscopy Technique
- Katsuyuki Kida, Osaka University
Crack growth under rolling contact fatigue in Si3N4 ceramic ball bearings
- Yukio Miyashita, Nagaoka University of Technology
Fatigue Crack Growth Behavior of Structural Ceramics
- Kiyoshi Saito, Waseda University
Study on the characteristics of an absorption refrigerator driven by waste heat
- Masahiko Shibahara, Osaka University
Quantum Molecular Dynamics Study on Light-to-Heat Absorption Mechanism
- Daisuke Segawa, Osaka Prefecture University
Experimental studies on Droplet Combustion utilizing Microgravity Environment and Laser Diagnostics
- Takeshi Hashizume, Mitsubishi Motors Corporation
Research on Emission Reduction Using Multiple Stage Diesel Combustion
- Hiroaki Suzuki, The University of Tokyo
Development of an intelligent nozzle equipped with an array of miniature actuators for jet control
- Motomu Nakashima, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology,
Study of Two-Joint Dolphinlike Propulsion Mechanism
- Nobuhiro Yamanishi, University of Tokyo, School of Engineering; Research fellow of JSPS (From March 16) National Space Development Agency of Japan
Research on the dynamics of gas-surface interaction
- Shigeru Yonemura, Institute of Fluid Science, Tohoku University
Research on Cooling of a Ultra-High Density Plasma for X-Ray Laser Source
- Kazuhiko Adachi, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Kobe University
Research on Simultaneous Optimum Design of Structure and Control Systems
- Tsuyoshi Inoue, Nagoya University
Internal Resonance Phenomena in Rotor Systems
- Nobukatsu Okuizumi, The Institute of Space and Astronautical Science
Research on Vibrations of Hysteretic Systems Subjected to Harmonic Excitation
- Naoki Sugano, Kobe Steel, Ltd.
A Study on the Simulation Method of Flexible Multibody Systems
- Kiwamu Ashida, Institute of Mechanical Engineering Systems, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Independent Administrative Institution (IAI)
Study on Nano-machining Process Using Mechanism of a Friction Force Microscope
Jun Watanabe, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
A Study on Traction Characteristics of Toroidal CVT for Automobile
- Shinichi Warisawa, Graduate School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo
Research on State Visualization and Recognition for Water Jet Cutting
- Takahiko Uematsu, Elionix, Inc.
Development of a hardness tester in high reliability super minute load domain
- Katsuyuki Endo, Fukushima Technology Centre
Development of a portable roundness measurement machine based on 3-point method
- Masanori Ozawa, System Engineering Laboratories, Corporate Research and Development Center, Toshiba Corporation
Development of a Methodology for Design Information Sharing and Early Performance Evaluation on Product Development Processes
- Ichiro Kawabuchi, Tech Experts, Inc.
A Study on a Leg Mechanism with a Terrain Adaptive Function for a Biped Walking Machine
- Shinji Kubo, Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute
Development of high density heat transport technology of thermal energy produced by nuclear reactors
- Kenjiro Goda, Mechanical Engineering Research Laboratory, Hitachi, Ltd.
Development of Monorail dynamic simulator using multi-body dynamics method
- Takahiro Suzuki, Corporate Research & Development Center, Mechanical Systems Laboratory, Toshiba Corporation
Development of High-speed Paper Feeding Device
- Naotaka Tanaka, Mechanical Engineering Research Laboratory, Hitachi, Ltd.
Quantitative evaluation method of interface delamination in IC packages
- Hiroshi Takahashi, Toshiba Corporation
Development of A Rotating Machine Using 5-axis Active Flat Shaped Magnetic Bearings
- Hiroshige Takano, Ebara Corp., Hanoi Office
Development of a new hydraulic simulation system for operation control
- Junichi Tamamoto, Mechanical Engineering Research Laboratory, Hitachi, Ltd.
Development of Gap-control System for Paper-sheet Transportation
- Noriyuki Hayashi, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.
Study on traction drive for speed increaser of wind turbine